Monday 1 February 2010

Viola odorata -- Sweet violet locket


I've already shown some jewellery I've made with readymade ribbon flowers here.

This is another example of a locket I made using a tiny ready-made violet ribbon flower. On its own it felt a bit too boring so I made two violet buds and a round leaf from hand-dyed silk ribbon and added it to the flower. It's a bit fiddly working with the narrow ribbons used here, but I think it was worth it. I stitched the flowers to the filigree front of my brass locket and added a few light bronze fp for a subtle sparkle, which is more visible IRL. I also added a few fp to the 60 cm long antiqued brass chain. I like to think of it as dewdrops.


The locket I've used is deeper than a usual photo locket as it is intended to be filled with solid perfume, as you can see in the pic below. Of cause sweet violet perfume in this case.


No comments:

Post a Comment

A few words can mean so much. Thank you for taking the time to comment!

PS! Feel free to email me if you don't want to comment publicly -- look under Contact (under the header)

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...