Wednesday 18 July 2012

TAST week 28: Up and down buttonhole stitch



English name: Up and down buttonhole stitch
Swedish name: Langettstygn med omtag

I took a break from the Take a Stitch Tuesday challenges while working. Last week I did was 20, bullion knots, which isn't even on this blog (but a pic can be found on Flickr). A bit of a shame really as it was about the same time there came many stitches I haven't done before. But anyway, now I'm back on track again. Not such when I'll catch up on the weeks I've missed, but right now my focus is on the new challenges.

This stitch is one I've been waiting for. Saw it in TAST 2011 and so thought I might as well wait for it to appear in TAST to learn it. Of cause, liking the look of it I could've learned it whenever I wanted, but I wanted to do it this way so why not?

As the stitch is new to me, I stuck to some simple variations and did most of the stitching on my bright red aida as the grid makes it easier to focus on the technique and stitches than on trying to get everything nice and even. I wanted to make it in all black, but ran out of black floss -- just in time for the doubled motifs!

At first the stitch felt a bit tricky, but once I began stitching rather than just looking at step-by-step illustrations and finished embroidery, it turned out to be a fun and relative easy stitch. And it looks great too so this will be another one of my favourites.

No aurica yarn this time. I actually did a few stitches with beads too, but forgot to take a pics so it'll have to be added later.

---
What is TAST?

Take a Stitch Tuesday is a weekly embroidery challenge throughout the year by Sharon of Pin Tangle. You can read more about it here (or by clicking the TAST badge to the right).


To see what others have done in this stitch, check out the comments in this post on Pin Tangle. Be sure not to miss Sharon's lovely stitch variations in the actual post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A few words can mean so much. Thank you for taking the time to comment!

PS! Feel free to email me if you don't want to comment publicly -- look under Contact (under the header)

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...