Wednesday 26 December 2012

The not-so-violet violets brooch




I just realised I've never shown this brooch on this blog. Not that it's such a masterpiece it just had to be featured, it's just that it's a little brooch that I enjoyed making years ago. And it has a good idea for all newbies at bead embroidery who want to bead a pendant, brooch or similar: using larger beads will make it much faster. In this case, it also makes the brooch more lightweight as I used mainly acrylic components.

For this brooch, which has a black felt base, I used acrylic/lucite flowers and leaves, pushing a few smaller florals under the violets to fill out the space.  I then added a backing and pin and covered the edges with Toho marbled seeds.

2 comments:

  1. I got some bead backing for Xmas! We are visiting some relatives and my sister has promised me to dive deep into her bead stash...save the best ones. The bead backing was, of course, a gift from her. Your brooch is so pretty and the flowers are lovely. Milka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Beads and supplies are the best gift, especially when they come from someone that knows you and your style.

      Delete

A few words can mean so much. Thank you for taking the time to comment!

PS! Feel free to email me if you don't want to comment publicly -- look under Contact (under the header)

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...