Wednesday 5 December 2012

Variations on a theme





 These are some of the beads I dug up when trying to put together the latest monthly colour inspiration. It all began with the frosted teal seeds on the right. Then I found a more metallic version of the matte teal-brown mix in the metallic leather braid and matte metallic patina iris (yes, that's an expensive colours, but worth the price). And then I ended up adding some more shine with the flower beads and FPs. The flowers are in aqua celsian, but I'm trying to figure out the name of the fire-polished beads. Lumi brown? Hopefully I'll find a definite answer when going through my old invoices as I'm pretty sure I know where I bought these.





 Is it just me or does those teal beads look way too blue in the photos? Tricky colour to get right in artificial light perhaps?

Anyway, I hope to be able to do something with all three variations on the same basic colour combo. Perhaps keep the czech glass bead mix as it is. There's of cause already a plan for matte metallic mix as it's part of the monthly palette. Which leaves the matte brown-and-teal mix. Not sure what to do to with it yet. Pretty sure I'll want to add if not a new colour then at least more nuances.

How about you, do any of these basic mixes make you think "oh, I'd definitely add [insert colour(s)/bead(s) of choice]"?

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE these color combos. I think all the beads from the 3 palettes combined would make an awesome necklace!

    ReplyDelete

A few words can mean so much. Thank you for taking the time to comment!

PS! Feel free to email me if you don't want to comment publicly -- look under Contact (under the header)

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...